Didn't find right design get customized design by
Our Design Expert
• What is a hotel?
• Scope of hotel
• Type of hotel
• Amenities that are required in Hotel
• Who is a hotel architect and what is hotel architecture?
• Service offered by the hotel architect.
• Design factors that a hotel architect should consider in designing
• How can we help you as a Hotel architect?
Hotels are the building we use as temporary accommodation and other services like meals in favour of money. It’s directly associated with the Tourism and Travel industry. It may be independent or part of the chain. It may be multipurpose and may have facilities like a restaurant, suit room, bar nightclub, swimming pools fitness rooms, saunas etc.
The hotel sells not only services and lodging, but also experience and emotion. The success of a hotel depends on many factors like marketing, economics, location, enterprise, planning and design. To advertise a hotel you must design a hotel that directly or indirectly communicates a specific segment of the client. Most luxury hotels only follow the storyline from the exterior design but not the interior design it should be for both. We are only going to focus on the architectural design aspect of the hotel.
There are many types of hotels few important types of hotels are mentioned below.
• Chain hotels
• Heritage hotels
• Unique concept hotel
• 1 Star Hotel
• 2 Star Hotel
• 3 Star Hotel
• 4 Star Hotel
• 5 Star Hotel
• 7 Star Hotel
Some important amenities of the hotel are written below.
• Swimming Pool
• Single Bedded Rooms
• Double Bedded Rooms
• Suite Rooms
• Conference Room
• Restaurant with Kitchen
• Training Room
• Banquet Hall
• Indoor Sports
• Coffee Bar
• Admin and Reception
• Wedding Lawn
• Amusement Areas
• Local Shops
• Outdoor Sports
• Indoor Saloon
A hotel architect is a person who is an expert in designing hotel buildings and ensures guest experience and lasting memory by considering sustainability and technology strategies and using his experience in hospitality design projects. Hotel architects are capable to solve hotel design technical problems which normal people are even not identified.
The hotel architecture is a standard kind of strategy which is followed when translating client requirements into drawing to construct a hotel building. We know that the nature of hotel development is commercial so; Hotel architecture is not only responsible for its looks and designs but also responsible for the hotel’s ability to make a profit, which defines the success of hotel architecture. Hotel architecture may be different according to the type of hotel, the grade of hotel, and the facilities offered by the hotel. There are many important aspects that should follow while designing hotel architecture. Some main point is mentioned below.
• The first important point is data analysis; while we have to design hotel architecture we must research what affects the market E.g.: Tourism, Local climate, what kind of accommodation is required in that place and more like that.
• Hotel grade is another important point, while we going to design a hotel we must study what kind of hotel grade is going to design according to market demand so that we can decide what services can be provided.
• Hotel building may be small to very huge and the electricity consumption is an important factor of the hotel running cost, to avoid more expenses we must follow rules of sustainable architecture which is based on solar passive energy. It’s very helpful to reduce electricity costs throughout the building life.
• We know that hotels may have many functions like a bar, restaurant and more like that so we should always try to generate such kind of space which has minimum interaction with each other during hotel operations.
• Hotel architecture should be designed in such a manner that the noise should be minimum in the hotel building, which may be due to traffic, hotel operations, footfall and more like that, to give a great experience to the guest.
• Cultural aspect is the one other important thing which influences inside and outside environment, so while designing hotel architecture we should remember the local culture of that place which direct influence the hotel industry.
• Now a day’s many hotels follow technology for more attractive accommodation services so, hotel architecture may follow these elements also.
• We know that the hotel industry is a dynamic industry in which guest rooms are designed as per the market group’s demand E.g. business groups, individuals, couples, families and singles required different type’s guest rooms, which can find out by a study of the environment of that place.
A hotel doesn't mean a place to stay it should also tell a story with the hotel design with the involvement of culture and local aesthetics designing, And provide its guests with the environment so that they can relax, discover and provide a new experience.
The hotel should not only be designed for function and aesthetically pleasing but also consider other important aspects like a unique experience and emotional attachment to the guest and hotel staff also.
Hotel architects are responsible for the following services.
• Investors Presentation / Financial Modeling
• Technical Drawings Audit of Proposed Hotel Design
• Existing Hotel Exterior Design and Renovation Services
• 3D View of Hotel Building
• Hotel Mockup Conceptual Design
• 3D Walkthrough or Animation Video of Hotel
• Value Addition Services of Proposed Hotel Design
• Complete Project Design of Hotel
• Hotel Landscape design
• Hotel Elevation Design
• Project Management Consultancy
• Branding, Marketing and Sales
• MEP, Fire plan and essential services
The main three things that need to take care of while planning the first one are the room and the second one is suits and the third and the last is the multipurpose hall. All above spaces should have relaxation environment and amenities. All of the above areas are easily accessible to physically challenged people. There are other factors that affect hotel design that is mentioned below.
To find out the purpose of the property is the first part of any property that gets designed. This means what kind of people you want to target and what is the local culture of that place this is the thing that should be included in designing the storyline that becomes an architecture design concept. Not only does the architectural concept tell a story but also every part should tell like the interior, restaurant, food, the operation procedure matching with the historical importance of that place.
Finding out the connection with the place it's located and matching the designing elements with that-
The climate condition important plays an important role in any architectural design whether it's residential or commercial. The important things are to reduce the bad condition of climate using sustainable concepts like building orientation, shading, and creating a buffer.
Designing the first impression elements-
There is the main area that is the entrance lobby and reception which should be designed wisely like a selfie point. That area should be clearly visible from the main gate with effort and provide a feeling of safety and comfort to travellers.
Designing of the private area for guests-
There are a few important things generally a guest needs are, storage for luggage and bags, and sufficient shower space which should be designed wisely. In modern trends, everything is divided into different areas like space for luggage and shoe. The interior design of the room should be neat and clean.
Design of common area-
This is an important area like the lounge, restaurant, and pool area that is used by people from different cultures and needs and live common experiences and impact each other. Common areas are not only part of the guest experience but also a source of income for the hotel body.
When it comes to designing hotel architecture, from very small details to how you feel the spaces, the sense is required. There are many important points that the hotel architect should remember while designing any hotel building which can influence the hotel for example local culture, climate condition of the site, what will be landscape design, the comfort of the guests and other important factors in energy management; the architect plays an important role in it because they are the person which they know how to use passive solar energy to decrease maintenance charge, by proper use of best hotel architecture strategy an architect can provide the best result by reducing regular maintenance charge.
By seeing the above point it’s clear that hotel architects should be experienced who’s know all the above points. A hotel project needs a big amount, so it should be designed thoughtfully, one small mistake can be very dangerous. Imagination shaper fulfils all parameters which are required to design a hotel building; we know how to design a hotel that will suit the client’s requirement to make his hotel business profitable. We have designed many huge and small hotel architecture and interior projects from the design concept plan to the execution of the project until the project finishes in India and abroad. We are one of the best hospitality architects in India.
How can I hire your architecture firm online?
Simply search at Google imagination shaper and discuss with us the requirements. If our vision meets your expectation hire us.
What Information do you require to start our design project?
As hotel architects we need plot dimension, facing, plot level from the road and the requirement list of amenities which going to provide in that hotel.
What is the role of the imagination shaper during hotel construction?
We ensure quality and smooth completion of the hotel from the beginning of construction till finish.